Skip to content
  • home
  • map
  • search
Capturing Cambridge
  • search
  • Facebook
  • X
  • Instagram
  • Home
  • /
  • Projects
  • /
  • Chesterton
  • /
  • Victoria Road
  • Back Forward

75 Victoria Road, Cambridge

History of Victoria Road

1913

Frank Pigott


1985 10 15

Pigott’s, the family ironmongers which has traded in Cambridge for more than a century, is up for sale. It was in 1863 that John Pigott, son of a Landbeach farmer, opened an ironmongers shop in Sidney Street and a chain of shops were set up in Market Hill, Mill Road, Norfolk Street, Bridge Street and Hills Road. The Sussex Street branch, an established feature of the street since the late 1930s, shut down last September. The business, now in Victoria Road, includes two shops, a warehouse, stores and office. 85 10 15a

Credit: Mike Petty, Cambridge Hills Road Scrapbook 1897 to 1990.

Sources

  • Mike Petty Archive

Projects

  • Victoria Road

Share this article

Share onFacebook Share onBluesky

Contribute

Do you have any information about the people or places in this article? If so, then please let us know using the Contact page or by emailing capturingcambridge@museumofcambridge.org.uk.

Licence

This work is licensed under CC BY-NC-SA 4.0 not including content on external links as indicated byexternal link.

Victoria Road

199 Victoria Road, Cambridge

181 Victoria Road, Cambridge

142 Victoria Road, Cambridge

117 Victoria Road, Bancroft Villa, Cambridge

85 Victoria Road, Cambridge

77 Victoria Road, Cambridge

70 Victoria Road, Westfield Cottages, Cambridge

224 Victoria Road, Cambridge

233 Victoria Road, Cambridge

30 Victoria Road, Cambridge