Skip to content
  • home
  • map
  • search
Capturing Cambridge
  • search
  • Facebook
  • X
  • Instagram
  • Home
  • /
  • Projects
  • /
  • East Cambridge­shire
  • /
  • Ely
  • Back Forward
Three men stand on the pavement in front of a shopfront with the name James M. Harvey painted across the upper fascia.

James M Harvey, General Drapery, High Street, Ely

21a, 23, 25, 27, 29, 31 High Street, Ely

History of 21a and 23 High Street, Ely

Listed Building (21a & 23)

Shops with domestic accommodation over, formerly commercial premises with domestic accommodation to the rear. Late Medieval with extensive recasting in the mid C18, and late C19 or early C20 shop fronts.


James M Harvey’s High Street Drapery took over George Tunkiss’ premises in 1893.

 

Tags

  • Listed building
  • medieval

Projects

  • Ely

Share this article

Share onFacebook Share onBluesky

Contribute

Do you have any information about the people or places in this article? If so, then please let us know using the Contact page or by emailing capturingcambridge@museumofcambridge.org.uk.

Licence

This work is licensed under CC BY-NC-SA 4.0 not including content on external links as indicated byexternal link.

Ely

Baron’s Farm, Shepreth

Sheen Cottage, 63 Station Road, Meldreth

Oak Tree Cottage, Old Red Cow, Church End, Hilton

31, St Mary’s Street, Ely

Annesdale, Ely

74 St Mary’s Street, Ely

52a Waterside, Ely

30 Egremont Street, Ely

Royal Oak, Station Road, Ely

Black Swan, Station Road, Ely

6 & 8 Broad Street, Ely

4 & 6 Waterside, Ely

Chapel of the Infirmary, Ely