Skip to content
  • home
  • map
  • search
Capturing Cambridge
  • search
  • Facebook
  • X
  • Instagram
  • Home
  • /
  • Projects
  • /
  • East Cambridge­shire
  • /
  • Ely
  • Back Forward

Drill Hall, Barton Road, Ely

History of the Drill Hall, Barton Road

Drill Hall opened in 1939 for ‘B’ Company, 1st Battalion the Cambridgeshire Regiment. It stands alongside the parade-ground of the former Militia Barracks.

Tags

  • Cambridgeshire Regiment

Projects

  • Ely

Share this article

Share onFacebook Share onBluesky

Contribute

Do you have any information about the people or places in this article? If so, then please let us know using the Contact page or by emailing capturingcambridge@museumofcambridge.org.uk.

Licence

This work is licensed under CC BY-NC-SA 4.0 not including content on external links as indicated byexternal link.

Ely

University Rifle Ground

568 Newmarket Road (5 Elfleda Cottages)

34 Merton Place, Madingley Road, Northampton Street

The Ladder House, Quayside, Ely

39 Broad Street, Ely

42 Back Hill, Ely

Firmary Lane, Ely

39 – 41 Market Street, Ely

Cutter Inn, Ely

Congregational Chapel, Ely

Ely Railway Station

64 West End, Ely

7, St Mary’s Street, Ely