Skip to content
  • home
  • map
  • search
Capturing Cambridge
  • search
  • Facebook
  • X
  • Instagram
  • Home
  • /
  • Projects
  • /
  • East Cambridge­shire
  • /
  • Isleham
  • Back Forward

Lark Hall Farm, Isleham Fen

History of Lark Hall Farm

A large farm house set back from the river which fell down after the war. The history gos as far back as 1815.

Source: The History of Isleham Fen in the 1930s by Polly Hill, Clare Hall, 1990

A black and white Ordnance Survey map segment showing fields, buildings, a wharf, and Bank Road in Isleham Fen.

Lark Hall Farm OS 1925

before 1905:

Robert Brooks and his brother George start to rent a large part of Lark Hall farm. each brother had his own part of the farmhouse, one of brick, the other of stone. Their father, Charles, was the yardman who looked after the cows and pigs.

See reminiscences of Luther and Allan Brooks in Polly Hill’s The History of Isleham Fen in the 1930s.

1911 Lark Hall Farm

George Henry Brooks, 43, farmer, b Isleham

+ 4

 

Robert Brooks, 32, farmer, b Isleham

+ 4

Projects

  • Isleham

Share this article

Share onFacebook Share onBluesky

Contribute

Do you have any information about the people or places in this article? If so, then please let us know using the Contact page or by emailing capturingcambridge@museumofcambridge.org.uk.

Licence

This work is licensed under CC BY-NC-SA 4.0 not including content on external links as indicated byexternal link.

Isleham

11 & 13 Mill Street, Isleham

16 Sun Street, Isleham

1 & 3 Station Road, Isleham

Lady Peyton’s Almshouses, 15 – 23 The Causeway, Isleham

Swann (Swan) Inn, Waterside, Isleham

1 Church Lane, Isleham

18 Mill Street, Isleham

Post Office, Sun Street, Isleham

The Hole, Coates Drove, Isleham

The Rising Sun, Isleham