Skip to content
  • home
  • map
  • search
Capturing Cambridge
  • search
  • Facebook
  • X
  • Instagram
  • Home
  • /
  • Projects
  • /
  • East Cambridge­shire
  • /
  • Isleham
  • Back Forward
1901 Ordnance Survey map detail showing property boundaries, labels for Peyton's Hospital and Meth. Chapel, and tree symbols.

Isleham OS 1901

Lady Peyton’s Almshouses, 15 – 23 The Causeway, Isleham

Histry of Lady Peyton's Almshouses

Listed Building

Almshouses built in 1842, restored and modernised in 1982. (Historic England)

These were founded as Lady Margaret Peyton’s Hospital in 1580, and re-established by Lady Frances Peyton in 1582.  The preset=nt buildings were built in 1842 and modernised in 1982 when five dwellings were made into two.

Tags

  • Almshouse
  • Listed building

Projects

  • Isleham

Share this article

Share onFacebook Share onBluesky

Contribute

Do you have any information about the people or places in this article? If so, then please let us know using the Contact page or by emailing capturingcambridge@museumofcambridge.org.uk.

Licence

This work is licensed under CC BY-NC-SA 4.0 not including content on external links as indicated byexternal link.

Isleham

St Andrew, Wimpole

1a & 1b Water Street, Ferry Corner

64 High Street, Coton

The Red House, 45 Mill Street, Isleham

The Cage, Church Street

Crown Inn, 10 Mill Street, Isleham

Old Dairy, 22 West Street, Isleham

Iron Age Settlement, Fordham Road, Isleham

16 Sun Street, Isleham

7 Church Street, Isleham

24 Pound Lane, Isleham

12 West Street, Isleham

Little Isleham moated site