Skip to content
  • home
  • map
  • search
Capturing Cambridge
  • search
  • Facebook
  • X
  • Instagram
  • Home
  • /
  • Projects
  • /
  • East Cambridge­shire
  • /
  • Little Downham
  • Back Forward

Tower Farmhouse, Little Downham

History of Tower farmhouse

Listed Building

Farmhouse. Late C15 walls of Bishop of Ely’s Palace to west and north included in fabric of C19 building.

Barn, formerly the kitchen range attached to hall range (demolished) of the Bishop of Ely’s Palace

Outbuilding formerly the gatehouse to the Bishop of Ely’s Palace. Built for Bishop Alcock (1486-1500).

Garden wall. C15. Red brick. Wall attached to the original Gatehouse and formerly a curtilage wall to the courtyard of the Bishop’s Palace.

Tags

  • Listed building
  • tudor

Projects

  • Little Downham

Share this article

Share onFacebook Share onBluesky

Contribute

Do you have any information about the people or places in this article? If so, then please let us know using the Contact page or by emailing capturingcambridge@museumofcambridge.org.uk.

Licence

This work is licensed under CC BY-NC-SA 4.0 not including content on external links as indicated byexternal link.

Little Downham

Old Manor Farm, High Street, Fen Drayton

St Mary, Houghton

8 Horn Lane, Linton

95 Main Street, Little Downham

101a Main Street, Little Downham

15 Townsend, Little Downham

The Manor House, 103 Main Street, Little Downham

St Leonard, Little Downham

40 Main Street, Little Downham

St Leonard’s Methodist Community Rooms

65 – 73 Main Street, Little Downham

17 Main Street, Little Downham

102 Main Street, Little Downham