Skip to content
  • home
  • map
  • search
Capturing Cambridge
  • search
  • Facebook
  • X
  • Instagram
  • Home
  • /
  • Projects
  • /
  • Fenland
  • /
  • Wisbech
  • Back Forward
A two-story stone house with bay windows and a central entrance, partially shaded by large trees and covered in climbing ivy.

Barton School, Wisbech

Barton House, Wisbech

History of Barton House

A black and white Ordnance Survey map segment showing Barton House, property boundaries, and numbered land plots in Wisbech.

Wisbech OS 1900

Barton School founded 1850s by W R Stanton in house previously owned by Mr Jecks. House enlarged and swimming pool added.

Isolation hospital

Hotel

1980 demolished

Tags

  • school

Projects

  • Wisbech

Share this article

Share onFacebook Share onBluesky

Contribute

Do you have any information about the people or places in this article? If so, then please let us know using the Contact page or by emailing capturingcambridge@museumofcambridge.org.uk.

Licence

This work is licensed under CC BY-NC-SA 4.0 not including content on external links as indicated byexternal link.

Wisbech

Whittlesford School

National Board School, Gamlingay

Slepe Hall, St Ives

2 Museum Square, Wisbech

Lower Hill Street, Wisbech

14 Market Place, Wisbech

The Vicarage, Lynn Road, Wisbech

Astral House, 33 Old Market, Wisbech

4 Museum Square, Wisbech

4 Clarkson Avenue, Wisbech

28 North Brink, Wisbech

Leverington Cemetery Chapel

7 – 8 Bridge Street, 46 Alexandra Road, Wisbech