Skip to content
  • home
  • map
  • search
Capturing Cambridge
  • search
  • Facebook
  • X
  • Instagram
  • Home
  • /
  • Projects
  • /
  • Fenland
  • /
  • Wisbech
  • Back Forward
A tall-masted ship is moored beside a quayside on the River Nene, next to a large brick building with many arched windows.

Nene Parade, Wisbech 1850s (? Craddock)

Mills (Union) Brewery, Nene Parade, Wisbech

History of Brewery

A 1900 Ordnance Survey map section showing the Union Brewery, street outlines, and Sluice Bridge in Wisbech, Cambridgeshire.

Wisbech OS 1900

A black and white view of the river in Wisbech, featuring a large steamship, smaller barges, and a brick brewery on the bank.

Wisbech 1912, Mills Brewery on right

1850s brewery owned by Boucher and jecks

1866 George W Mills bought brewery

1939 brewery sold to Hall, Cutlack and Harlock of Ely

WWII: part of building used to house prisoners of war

1957 demolished for police station and court house.

Projects

  • Wisbech

Share this article

Share onFacebook Share onBluesky

Contribute

Do you have any information about the people or places in this article? If so, then please let us know using the Contact page or by emailing capturingcambridge@museumofcambridge.org.uk.

Licence

This work is licensed under CC BY-NC-SA 4.0 not including content on external links as indicated byexternal link.

Wisbech

3 Ely Place, Wisbech

Sibalds Holme, 66 & 67 North Brink, Wisbech

6 North End, Wisbech

9 Market Place, Wisbech

Wesleyan Chapel, The Crescent, Wisbech

31 Old Market, Wisbech

2 York Row, Castle Square, Wisbech

33 North Brink, Wisbech

10 North Brink, Wisbech

Leach’s Mill, Lynn Road, Wisbech