Skip to content
  • home
  • map
  • search
Capturing Cambridge
  • search
  • Facebook
  • X
  • Instagram
  • Home
  • /
  • Projects
  • /
  • Fenland
  • /
  • Wisbech
  • Back Forward
Cobbled street in Wisbech featuring brick buildings, a pub sign, and a distant church tower visible at the end of the road.

Beehive, Norfolk Street, Wisbech, c1860 (poss. Thomas Craddok)

Beehive, Norfolk Street West, Wisbech

History of the Beehive

1846 John Oldham

1853 Thomas Oldham

Co-op store

(source: The Inns and Taverns of Wisbech – a survey from the earliest times to 1950 by Arthur Artis Oldham, 1993)

 

Tags

  • Public House

Projects

  • Wisbech

Share this article

Share onFacebook Share onBluesky

Contribute

Do you have any information about the people or places in this article? If so, then please let us know using the Contact page or by emailing capturingcambridge@museumofcambridge.org.uk.

Licence

This work is licensed under CC BY-NC-SA 4.0 not including content on external links as indicated byexternal link.

Wisbech

Halfway House, Dunsbridge Turnpike, Shepreth

31 Newnham Road, The (Three) Jolly Millers

59 / 63 High Street, Elm Tree, Melbourn

25 High Street, Wisbech

The Phoenix, The Whyte Harte, 5 North Brink, Wisbech

Mills (Union) Brewery, Nene Parade, Wisbech

11 Market Place, Wisbech

1 York Row, Castle Square, Wisbech

32 Market Place, Wisbech

103 Norfolk Street, Wisbech

Duke’s Head, Church Terrace, Wisbech

1 Post Office Lane, Wisbech

Wisbech Town Council, Corn Exchange, 1 North Brink