Skip to content
  • home
  • map
  • search
Capturing Cambridge
  • search
  • Facebook
  • X
  • Instagram
  • Home
  • /
  • Projects
  • /
  • Fenland
  • /
  • Wisbech
  • Back Forward
A row of multi-story stone buildings with pitched roofs and chimneys stands behind a wall along a still, reflective river.

Harecroft House, Wisbech c1908

Harecroft House, High School, 46, 47, 48 North Brink, Wisbech

History of Harecroft House

Listed Building

Italianate villa now a school said to have been designed by Algenon Peckover, 1840-50. Yellow gault brick with stone details; hipped slate roofs with symmetrical stacks.

A 1900 Ordnance Survey map section showing building footprints, gardens, and the label Harecroft House in Wisbech.

Wisbech OS 1900

Harecroft House

After death of Miss Susanah Peckover, High School was founded in 1904.

1970 merged with Grammar School

1980s school became independent

Tags

  • Listed building
  • school

Projects

  • Wisbech

Share this article

Share onFacebook Share onBluesky

Contribute

Do you have any information about the people or places in this article? If so, then please let us know using the Contact page or by emailing capturingcambridge@museumofcambridge.org.uk.

Licence

This work is licensed under CC BY-NC-SA 4.0 not including content on external links as indicated byexternal link.

Wisbech

13 Market Place and 1 Market Street, Wisbech

58 High Street, Abbotsley

Castle Hill House, 20 High Street, Huntingdon

The Chapel of Ease, Octagon Church, Wisbech

Rings End, Wisbech

Boars Head, Church Terrace, Wisbech

Barton House, Wisbech

29 North Brink, Wisbech

Heights Corner, Norfolk Street, Wisbech

Wisbech Standard, 27 Hill Street, Wisbech

2 York Row, Castle Square, Wisbech

St Peter and St Paul, Wisbech

Astral House, 33 Old Market, Wisbech