Skip to content
  • home
  • map
  • search
Capturing Cambridge
  • search
  • Facebook
  • X
  • Instagram
  • Home
  • /
  • Projects
  • /
  • Fenland
  • /
  • Wisbech
  • Back Forward
Black and white street scene featuring The Unicorn pub with Ely Ales signage, a tall lamp post, and cars parked on the road.

Unicorn, Norfolk Street East (West Street), Wisbech

Unicorn, West Street, Wisbech

History of the Unicorn

1792 widow of William Terry

1845 Mr Sharpe

1866 sold at auction to E Bulman for £670

(source: The Inns and Taverns of Wisbech – a survey from the earliest times to 1950 by Arthur Artis Oldham, 1993)

Tags

  • Public House

Projects

  • Wisbech

Share this article

Share onFacebook Share onBluesky

Contribute

Do you have any information about the people or places in this article? If so, then please let us know using the Contact page or by emailing capturingcambridge@museumofcambridge.org.uk.

Licence

This work is licensed under CC BY-NC-SA 4.0 not including content on external links as indicated byexternal link.

Wisbech

The Royal Oak, 16 & 18 Honey Hill, Fenstanton

Waggon and Horses, Milton

Golden Ball Inn, Boxworth

3 & 4 Old Market, Wisbech

6 South Brink, Wisbech

7 & 8 The Crescent, Wisbech

5 Market Place, Wisbech

Rutland Arms, 9 Lynn Road, Wisbech

National Westminster Bank, 1 Cornhill, Wisbech

Clarkson’s Memorial, Wisbech

22 – 25 North Brink, Wisbech

27 & 28 Market Place, Wisbech

Electric Theatre, Norfolk Street, Wisbech