Skip to content
  • home
  • map
  • search
Capturing Cambridge
  • search
  • Facebook
  • X
  • Instagram
  • Home
  • /
  • Projects
  • /
  • Fenland
  • /
  • Wisbech
  • Back Forward
A street scene featuring a row of multi-story brick buildings with sash windows and a hanging sign, viewed from an open area.

King’s Head, Old Market, Wisbech c1860

The King’s Head, Old Market, Wisbech

History of the King's Head

Listed Building

Late C18 inn. Local brown brick with stucco to ground floor, rusticated quoins. Hipped slate roof two side stacks.


In the photo there is Exley’s Counting house, a single storeyed building next to the King’s Head.

1878 Exley’s was followed by Gurney & Co’s bank

Barclay’s Bank

Tags

  • Listed building
  • Public House

Projects

  • Wisbech

Share this article

Share onFacebook Share onBluesky

Contribute

Do you have any information about the people or places in this article? If so, then please let us know using the Contact page or by emailing capturingcambridge@museumofcambridge.org.uk.

Licence

This work is licensed under CC BY-NC-SA 4.0 not including content on external links as indicated byexternal link.

Wisbech

The Ship Inn, Riverside, Ely

K6 telephone Kiosk, High Street, Horningsea

Rose and Crown, Market Place, Wisbech

Castle Square, 10 York Row, Wisbech

6 North End, Wisbech

Unicorn, West Street, Wisbech

Queen’s School, 15 South Brink, Wisbech

2 Museum Square, Wisbech

5 Lynn Road, Wisbech

National Westminster Bank, 1 Cornhill, Wisbech

5 Union Place, Wisbech

The Phoenix, The Whyte Harte, 5 North Brink, Wisbech

28 North Brink, Wisbech