Skip to content
  • home
  • map
  • search
Capturing Cambridge
  • search
  • Facebook
  • X
  • Instagram
  • Home
  • /
  • Projects
  • /
  • Fenland
  • /
  • Wisbech
  • Back Forward
A black and white photograph shows a multi-sectioned brick building with various roof styles, chimneys, and a central cupola.

Grammar School, South Brink, Wisbech 1920s (Bennett)

Grammar School, South Brink, Wisbech

History of the Grammar School, South Brink

A 1900 Ordnance Survey map section showing building footprints, gardens, and the label Grammar School near a roadside sluice.

Wisbech OS 1900

The first Grammar school was in Hill Street. The school moved here, former premises of George Duppa Collins, in 1897.

Tags

  • school

Projects

  • Wisbech

Share this article

Share onFacebook Share onBluesky

Contribute

Do you have any information about the people or places in this article? If so, then please let us know using the Contact page or by emailing capturingcambridge@museumofcambridge.org.uk.

Licence

This work is licensed under CC BY-NC-SA 4.0 not including content on external links as indicated byexternal link.

Wisbech

Old School House, Great Abington

126, 128 (The School House), 130 (Greenacres), Church Street, Whaddon

Barton House, Wisbech

Hare and Hounds, 4 North Brink, Wisbech

10 Union Street, Wisbech

29 Market Place, Wisbech

31 Market Place, Wisbech

6 York Row, Castle Square, Wisbech

The Rose and Crown, 23 & 24 Market Place, Wisbech

Marmion Hotel, 11 Lynn Road, Wisbech

5 Union Place, Wisbech

Leverington Cemetery Chapel

3 & 4 Old Market, Wisbech