Skip to content
  • home
  • map
  • search
Capturing Cambridge
  • search
  • Facebook
  • X
  • Instagram
  • Home
  • /
  • Projects
  • /
  • Further Afield
  • Back Forward
The interior of a damaged church with exposed vaulted ceilings and intricate metal scaffolding filling the central space.

St James Piccadilly

St James’s, Piccadilly

History of St James's Piccadilly

In 1940, a high  explosive bomb fell in the churchyard. This destroyed the rectory and vestry. Further incendiary bombs destroyed the spire and most of the roof.

The building was restored in 1947-54 by Messrs. Richardson and E A S Houte, architects and the work carried out by Rattee and Kett.

For further information follow this link:

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=st+james’s+piccadilly+rattee

Tags

  • Rattee & Kett

Projects

  • Further Afield

Share this article

Share onFacebook Share onBluesky

Contribute

Do you have any information about the people or places in this article? If so, then please let us know using the Contact page or by emailing capturingcambridge@museumofcambridge.org.uk.

Licence

This work is licensed under CC BY-NC-SA 4.0 not including content on external links as indicated byexternal link.

Further Afield

18, Wymondham House, Brooklands Avenue, Cambridge

2 Station Road, Poplar Cottage

6 Rustat Road

Ryston Hall, Downham Market

Barkway Scrapbook

What’s in a toilet? – The Volcania washdown-closet

St Nicholas Church, Great Yarmouth

Park House, Sandringham Estate

Lonsdale House, Lingfield Road, East Grinstead

St John the Baptist, Epping

Ten Mile Bank, Hilgay, Norfolk

Bedford Bank, Welney, Norfolk

Welney Scrapbook