You can explore the website in various ways – by using the map, the project areas, street and information tiles or the search box.
Using the MAP
• zoom in and out by clicking on the + and – buttons at the bottom right of the map
• hover over a coloured dot to see the title of the article, click on the dot to see the featured image, click on the image to go to the full article
• to close the pop-up image, click anywhere outside it.
Using the Project area and street TILES
• the project tiles are shown on the Home screen and also in the right hand column on the Map screen
• click a project area tile to see the street and information tiles for that area
• click a street or information tile to see the articles and information for that street
• click a street or information tile to read the article.
Using the SEARCH box
• click the magnifying-glass icon at the lower left of the home screen
• you will see a search box and a tag cloud of key topics
• click on one of the topic boxes in the tag cloud to see all articles on the site relating to that topic
• type any word or name in to the search box and click ‘Go’ to search the entire site.
Thank you for exploring historical Cambridgeshire! We hope you enjoy your visit.
Did you know that we are a small, independent Museum and that we rely on donations from people like you to survive?
If you love Capturing Cambridge, and you are able to, we’d appreciate your support today.
Every donation makes a world of difference.
The Museum of Cambridge