Search by topic
Search by text
14 - 18 High Street, Cottenham
14 – 18 High Street, The Prince of Wales, Cottenham
History of 14 - 18 High Street
See Francis Garrett, Cottenham’s Inns and Hostelries
Charles Piggott, who had a brewery at the Star and Dewdrop, built this terrace of three in 1862. Nos. 14 and 16 were probably the Prince of Wales.
1867: sold to John Smith of the Engineers’ Arms. No.16 became licensed house kept by William Maskell, followed by John Curtos in 1872. Pub closed a few years later.
Charles Brandon, b 1909, transport driver and recovery inpector
Henry Carter, b 1873, fruit farmer
Jesse Smith, b 1907, agricultural worker