Skip to content
  • home
  • map
  • search
Capturing Cambridge
  • search
  • Facebook
  • X
  • Instagram
  • Home
  • /
  • Projects
  • /
  • Huntingdon­shire
  • /
  • Fenstanton
  • Back Forward

Hall Green Farm, Fenstanton

History of Hall Green Farm

Alfred Behagg  was a wool merchant from Warboys. He would be taken in his carriage each day, driven by William Brickwood, to catch the 8.15 from St Ives to London. Once when the train had left early and Behagg missed it, the Great Eastern railway sent a train specially to take Mr Behagg to Cambridge.

Alfred Behagg had been educated at Cowper’s School, Huntingdon and Prospect House, Cambridge.

Detailed 1887 Ordnance Survey map showing the layout of Hall Green Farm and Manor Farm with labelled land parcels and ponds.

Fenstanton OS 1887

Projects

  • Fenstanton

Share this article

Share onFacebook Share onBluesky

Contribute

Do you have any information about the people or places in this article? If so, then please let us know using the Contact page or by emailing capturingcambridge@museumofcambridge.org.uk.

Licence

This work is licensed under CC BY-NC-SA 4.0 not including content on external links as indicated byexternal link.

Fenstanton

The Crown / Crown and Pipes, High Street, Fenstanton

4 & 6 Talls Lane, Fenstanton

Literary Institute, Hall Green Lane, Fenstanton

The Hub, High Street, Fenstanton

Slepey Cottage, 23 Honey Hill, Fenstanton

School, Church Centre, School Lane, Fenstanton

The Gables, 18 Hilton Road, Fenstanton

Chicory factory, Bell Lane, Fenstanton

11 High Street, Fenstanton

Elm Place, 1 – 7 Honey Hill, Fenstanton