Skip to content
  • home
  • map
  • search
Capturing Cambridge
  • search
  • Facebook
  • X
  • Instagram
  • Home
  • /
  • Projects
  • /
  • Huntingdon­shire
  • /
  • Godmanchester
  • Back Forward
A sepia-toned street scene in Godmanchester showing horse-drawn carriages, pedestrians, and older buildings along the road.

Old Court Hall, Godmanchester c,1912

Old Court Hall, Godmanchester

History of Old Court Hall

The Court Hall was at first only a covered enclosure but was rebuilt in 1508. The open sides were infilled in 1832 but was pulled down in 1844 and replaced by a Town Hall on a different site.

The widened road here was once intended to be a market place. The central building became Richardson’s, the bakers.

Pencil drawing of a timber-framed building with twin gables, an open-fronted ground floor, and several figures in front.

Court Hall, Godmanchester early 19th cent.

Projects

  • Godmanchester

Share this article

Share onFacebook Share onBluesky

Contribute

Do you have any information about the people or places in this article? If so, then please let us know using the Contact page or by emailing capturingcambridge@museumofcambridge.org.uk.

Licence

This work is licensed under CC BY-NC-SA 4.0 not including content on external links as indicated byexternal link.

Godmanchester

12 Post Street, Godmanchester

2, The Causeway, Godmanchester

1 The Avenue, Godmanchester

The Grove, 4 Cambridge Road, Godmanchester

Quaker Meeting House, Rose and Crown, 48 Post Street, Godmanchester

War Memorial, Godmanchester

1 Old Courthall, Godmanchester

6 Cambridge Street, Godmanchester

11 & 12 East Chadley Lane

Farm Hall, 24 West Street, Godmanchester