Skip to content
  • home
  • map
  • search
Capturing Cambridge
  • search
  • Facebook
  • X
  • Instagram
  • Home
  • /
  • Projects
  • /
  • Huntingdon­shire
  • /
  • Huntingdon
  • Back Forward
A large stone fountain stands before a brick building, with a dog and three people posing in front of it in early 1900s dress.

County Hospital, Huntingdon, 1905

County Hospital, Huntingdon

History of County Hospital

The hospital was built for $4,476 and opened open in 1854. The teracotta fountain was erected in 1889 to the memory of the 7th Earl of Sandwich; the grounds are now the Millfield Park

Tags

  • hospital

Projects

  • Huntingdon

Share this article

Share onFacebook Share onBluesky

Contribute

Do you have any information about the people or places in this article? If so, then please let us know using the Contact page or by emailing capturingcambridge@museumofcambridge.org.uk.

Licence

This work is licensed under CC BY-NC-SA 4.0 not including content on external links as indicated byexternal link.

Huntingdon

St John’s Farm, Hospitals of St Mary Magdalene and St John, Ely

audio

Old Addenbrookes Hospital / Judge Business School, Cambridge

Rosie Maternity Hospital

Old Bridge Hotel, 3 High Street, Huntingdon

68 High Street, Huntingdon

St Benedicts, Huntingdon

The Coach and Horses, 54 Ermine Street, Huntingdon

31 – 32 High Street, Huntingdon

44 High Street, Huntingdon

St John’s Cemetery, High Street, Huntingdon

Whitwell House, 71 High Street, Huntingdon

89 High Street, Huntingdon

40 High Street, Huntingdon