Skip to content
  • home
  • map
  • search
Capturing Cambridge
  • search
  • Facebook
  • X
  • Instagram
  • Home
  • /
  • Projects
  • /
  • Huntingdon­shire
  • /
  • Huntingdon
  • Back Forward
A long brick building with a central pediment and several people standing in a line on the gravel ground in front of it.

Huntingdon Militia Barracks

Huntingdon Militia Barracks

History of the Militia Barracks

A large, two-story stone building with a central pediment and symmetrical wings stands behind a wide, empty gravel courtyard.

Huntingdon Militia Barracks

A section of a 1901 Ordnance Survey map of Huntingdon showing the Militia Barracks, field numbers, and labelled allotments.

Huntingdon OS map 1901

The main front of the barracks was built around 1852 for the 2nd Huntingdonshire Regiment of Militia. The building was demolished in 2012.

Projects

  • Huntingdon

Share this article

Share onFacebook Share onBluesky

Contribute

Do you have any information about the people or places in this article? If so, then please let us know using the Contact page or by emailing capturingcambridge@museumofcambridge.org.uk.

Licence

This work is licensed under CC BY-NC-SA 4.0 not including content on external links as indicated byexternal link.

Huntingdon

RAF Warboys

Three Tuns, 139 High Street, Huntingdon

Priory Road Cemetery (Augustinian Priory of St Mary) Huntingdon

86 & 88 High Street, Huntingdon

Sevastopol Cannon, Huntingdon

Old Bridge, Huntingdon

10 & 10a Princes Street, Huntingdon

137a & 138 High Street, Huntingdon

103 High Street, Huntingdon

The Bull, High Street, Huntingdon