Capturing Cambridge
  • search
  • Facebook
  • Twitter

12 Madingley Road, Elterholm

History of 12 Madingley Road

Listed building:

Elterholm or 12 Madingley Road, built 1888, designed by W C Marshall, its attached fruit store, built 1896, designed by Prince and Sons, and 12A Madingley Road, a detached laboratory, built 1911, designed by Harry Redfern, are listed at Grade II for the following principal reasons: * Architect: for the design of the house and laboratory by W C Marshall and Harry Redfern respectively, both accomplished architects, whose buildings are represented on the List; * Architectural interest: for the high quality craftsmanship and materials employed in the construction of the Tudor Revival style house (1888), its attached fruit store (1896), and the associated Arts and Crafts style laboratory (1911)

1888:

Thomas Thornley

1913:

Edward Jeremiah Bles, zoologist

1962:

(12a) Col. Rodney G Turner

(12) Miss E M Boake

Contribute

Do you have any information about the people or places in this article? If so, then please let us know using the Contact page or by emailing capturingcambridge@museumofcambridge.org.uk.