Skip to content
  • home
  • map
  • search
Capturing Cambridge
  • search
  • Facebook
  • X
  • Instagram
  • Home
  • /
  • Projects
  • /
  • Mill Road Area Cambridge
  • /
  • Mill Road
  • Back Forward

199 Mill Road, Cambridge

History of 199 Mill Road

2 November 1956

W. Holliman and Sons, the well-known Cambridge removal contractors, had again chosen a Morris vehicle for their fleet of pantechnicons. Every vehicle since 1926 had been a Morris, proof of their faith in the marque. The firm were also house furnishers and their King Street Furniture Galleries, the first “walk-round showrooms” in Cambridge, dated from 1923 when they moved from Mill Road. Credit: Mike Petty Archive.


1962

(197 – 199) J. Holliman and Sons, house furnishers

(199a) Ronald Rdd

Sources

  • Mike Petty Archive

Projects

  • Mill Road

Share this article

Share onFacebook Share onBluesky

Contribute

Do you have any information about the people or places in this article? If so, then please let us know using the Contact page or by emailing capturingcambridge@museumofcambridge.org.uk.

Licence

This work is licensed under CC BY-NC-SA 4.0 not including content on external links as indicated byexternal link.

Mill Road

205 Mill Road

211 Mill Road, Osborne House, Rochester Villas

297 Mill Road

156 Mill Road, Gloucester Cottage

2 Mill Road

122 (1 Inverness Terrace) Mill Road

63 Mill Road (21) (8 Pulling Terrace)

210 Mill Road, Fern Villa

190 – 192 Mill Road

84 Mill Road, Tigerlily, Cambridge