Capturing Cambridge
  • search
  • Facebook
  • Twitter

King’s College School

History of King's College School

The main building 1877-8 and the western extension of 1898 were designed by Fawcett, who ‘failed to excel’ according to Pevsner. A H Moberley was responsible for further extensions in 1927-8 and 1932.

There is a detailed Wikipedia article which notes the various locations of the school since its foundation in the C15.

………..

1939:

Winifred A Fiddian, b 1889

Cedric M Fiddian, prep. school headmaster (Air Raid Warden)

Edward G B Allen, b 1931

?

William H Blunt, b 1929

David F Clayton, b 1929

John W S Guy, b 1925

Anthony R A Holden, b 1926

Colin W James, b 1926

John R Morgan, b 1926

Oliver R Nicholas, b 1928

David E Nicoll-Griffith, b 1929

Michael M R N Purdom, b 1927

Roger G Sykes, b 1931

Martin F O Williams, b 1926

Michael W Corbett, b 1908, assistant prep schoolmaster (air raid warden)

Phyllis C Williams, b 1909, matron (auxiliary nursing service0

Joan M Rhodes, b 1916, assistant matron

Phyllis Webb, b 1924, housemaid

Dorothy L Rippengill, b 1899, cook

Kathleen E Eagling, b 1922, housemaid

Contribute

Do you have any information about the people or places in this article? If so, then please let us know using the Contact page or by emailing capturingcambridge@museumofcambridge.org.uk.