Skip to content
  • home
  • map
  • search
Capturing Cambridge
  • search
  • Facebook
  • X
  • Instagram
  • Home
  • /
  • Projects
  • /
  • Newtown Cambridge
  • /
  • Russell Street
  • Back Forward

8 Russell Street

History of 8 Russell Street

1901:

Arches S Hoye, widower, 74, retired painter glazier, b Cambs

Louisa, 36, b Cambs

1911: ?

1913:

Ernest Webb, blacksmith


In 2001, Mr A George remembered how in the 1930s he would collect the milkman’s pony and cart from the small-holding in Barton where he kept pigs, and bring it back to have the pony shod at the blacksmith’s, ‘Chuck’ Webb, in Russell Street. (J Finch ‘Bulls Milk Is Best).

1962:

Mrs Leonard

Projects

  • Russell Street

Share this article

Share onFacebook Share onBluesky

Contribute

Do you have any information about the people or places in this article? If so, then please let us know using the Contact page or by emailing capturingcambridge@museumofcambridge.org.uk.

Licence

This work is licensed under CC BY-NC-SA 4.0 not including content on external links as indicated byexternal link.

Russell Street

36 Russell Street

95 Russell Street

41 Russell Street

90 Russell Street

11 Russell Street

47 Russell Street

72 Russell Street

10 Russell Street

71 Russell Street

85 Russell Street, The Windmill brewery