Skip to content
  • home
  • map
  • search
Capturing Cambridge
  • search
  • Facebook
  • X
  • Instagram
  • Home
  • /
  • Projects
  • /
  • South Cambridge­shire
  • /
  • Abington Pigotts
  • Back Forward

St Michael and All Angels, Abington Pigotts

History of St Michael

Listed Building

Parish church. Fragments of C12 carved stone and roof line of C12 nave. C14 nave with north and south doorways and south porch. Early C14 chancel. Late C14 nave windows. C15 tower and nave roof. South porch repaired 1582. Nave roof slated 1865 and doom painting lost from exposure. (Historic England)

The porch has the date 1382 on it. The arms of the Pigot family, three axes around a chevron, and their crest, a magpie sitting on a goat, for Pie-goat or Pigot, were once to be seen in this church and at Bassingbourn.

Tags

  • church
  • Listed building
  • medieval

Projects

  • Abington Pigotts

Share this article

Share onFacebook Share onBluesky

Contribute

Do you have any information about the people or places in this article? If so, then please let us know using the Contact page or by emailing capturingcambridge@museumofcambridge.org.uk.

Licence

This work is licensed under CC BY-NC-SA 4.0 not including content on external links as indicated byexternal link.

Abington Pigotts

Pump in Brewery Road, Pampisford

2 Church Lane, Elsworth

20 & 22 West Street, Over

Grove Cottage, High Street, Abinton Pigotts

Home Farm, High Street, Abington Pigotts

1 & 2 Bibles Grove, Abington Pigotts

Bumble Bee Cottage, High Street, Abington Pigotts

Home Cottage & Home View Cottage, High Street, Abington Pigotts

Manor House, Abington

Moated Site, Boybridge Grove, Abington Pigotts

The Trees Cottage, 1 & 2 High Street, Abington Pigotts

Pax Cottage, High Street, Abington Pigotts

Stocks Tree Cottage, High Street, Abington Pigotts