Manor Farmhouse, Woodside, Longstanton
History of Manor Farmhouse
Early C19 two storey, double-pile house, with C15/C16 timber framing in north range and C20 extensions to the rear.
Longstanton Manor House is an early C19 house which encases a C15/C16 timber framed remnant of a late medieval hall. It is suggested that the timber framed elements, including bridging beams and doorways, are the remnants of Cheyneys Manor House, a medieval hall house. From C16 the house was used as a farm and heavily remodelled in the C19 and C20. Today the house is largely a substantially intact C19 house with decorative plasterwork and fireplaces.
1881: Farm house. It is not certain that this farm house is the same as manor Farmhouse. It may be a farm house close to the centre of St Michael’s Long Stanton such as The Grange.
Salmon Linton, 66, farmer of 680 acres employing 29 labourer & 7 boys, b Westwick
Salmon Linton Swan, 46, farmer
1901: Manor Grange
Salmon Linton Swan, 56, farmer, b Cambridge