Skip to content
  • home
  • map
  • search
Capturing Cambridge
  • search
  • Facebook
  • X
  • Instagram
  • Home
  • /
  • Projects
  • /
  • South Cambridge­shire
  • /
  • Burrough Green
  • Back Forward
Architectural line drawing showing the east elevation of Borough Green Manor, with a smaller inset detail of a side garden gate.

The Manor House at Burrough Green

The Hall, Burrough Green

History of the Hall

Listed Building

Original building c.1575, much altered, and partly demolished with later C19 additions.

According to W M Palmer, the Slingsby family were the last people of note to live at Burrough Green. The manor house was at one point the seventh largest in the country; in 1664 it had 28 fireplaces. William Cole visited the house in 1750 and described it as sombre, surrounded by yew and pine trees.

An 1885 Ordnance Survey map of Burrough Green showing land parcels, The Hall, St. Augustine's Church, and Home Farm.

Burrough Green OS 1885

Tags

  • Listed building
  • tudor

Projects

  • Burrough Green

Share this article

Share onFacebook Share onBluesky

Contribute

Do you have any information about the people or places in this article? If so, then please let us know using the Contact page or by emailing capturingcambridge@museumofcambridge.org.uk.

Licence

This work is licensed under CC BY-NC-SA 4.0 not including content on external links as indicated byexternal link.

Burrough Green

Chapel of Ease, Guyhirn

The Swan, 9 Main Street, Stow cum Quy

39 Eden Street

Lane House, Burrough Green

Wyck Farmhouse, Burrough Green

Burrough Green Cricket Pavilion

Beehive Cottage, Burrough Green

White Hart Farmhouse, Burrough Green

Appletree Cottage, Burrough Green

Village Hall, Burrough Green

Underwood Hall, Burrough Green

The School, Burrough Green

Pembroke farmhouse, Burrough Green