Skip to content
  • home
  • map
  • search
Capturing Cambridge
  • search
  • Facebook
  • X
  • Instagram
  • Home
  • /
  • Projects
  • /
  • South Cambridge­shire
  • /
  • Caxton
  • Back Forward

The Old Court House, Ermine Street, Caxton

History of the Old Court House

Listed Building:

House, formerly the divisional Magistrates Court, Police Station and Prison. Built in 1859 for £755, architect, Mr Clarke of Newmarket, builder Mr W Gray of Litlington. Yellow gault brick with hipped slate roofs to rear.

The Magistrates met at the Crown Inn before the court house was built. It was in use up to 1969.

Tags

  • Listed building

Projects

  • Caxton

Share this article

Share onFacebook Share onBluesky

Contribute

Do you have any information about the people or places in this article? If so, then please let us know using the Contact page or by emailing capturingcambridge@museumofcambridge.org.uk.

Licence

This work is licensed under CC BY-NC-SA 4.0 not including content on external links as indicated byexternal link.

Caxton

6, The Gallery, Ely

The Cedars, 1 Common Lane, Hemingford Abbots

Bull Lane Cottage, West Wickham

Caxton Gibbet

Caxton Post Office, 24 Ermine Street, Caxton

Granary SE of Church Farmhouse, Gransden Road, Caxton

11 Ermine Street, Caxton

Manor Cottage, 55 Ermine Street, Caxton

Drinking Fountain at Junction of Bourne Road and Ermine Street, Caxton

104 Ermine Street, St Agnes Cottage, Caxton

62 & 64 Ermine Street, Caxton

65 Ermine Street, The Crown House, Caxton

Caxton Moats