Skip to content
  • home
  • map
  • search
Capturing Cambridge
  • search
  • Facebook
  • X
  • Instagram
  • Home
  • /
  • Projects
  • /
  • South Cambridge­shire
  • /
  • Cottenham
  • Back Forward
Whitewashed cottages with thatched roofs and brick chimneys stand behind a rustic wooden fence in a village setting.

Cottages on church yard wall, Cottenham (photo E Smith)

Cottages (Church Close) nr church, Cottenham

History of cottages on churchyard wall

Section of a historical map showing All Saints’ churchyard, numbered plots, and clusters of pink and grey building footprints.

Cottenham OS 1887

The cottages on the churchyard wall were pulled down in 1930 when the last resident, Arthur ‘Dick’ Hyam, moved into a new council house on Twentypence Road.

 

Projects

  • Cottenham

Share this article

Share onFacebook Share onBluesky

Contribute

Do you have any information about the people or places in this article? If so, then please let us know using the Contact page or by emailing capturingcambridge@museumofcambridge.org.uk.

Licence

This work is licensed under CC BY-NC-SA 4.0 not including content on external links as indicated byexternal link.

Cottenham

222 High Street, Cottenham

37 – 39 Telegraph Street, (Watson’s Lane) (Back Lane), Cottenham

14 – 18 High Street, The Prince of Wales, Cottenham

53 High Street, Cottenham

15 High Street, Cottenham

Histon Road, Cottenham

60 High Street, Cottenham

63 High Street, Cottenham

Garibaldi Pond, Coolidge Gardens, Cottenham

70 High Street, Cottenham