Skip to content
  • home
  • map
  • search
Capturing Cambridge
  • search
  • Facebook
  • X
  • Instagram
  • Home
  • /
  • Projects
  • /
  • South Cambridge­shire
  • /
  • Gamlingay
  • Back Forward
A whitewashed house with a tiled roof, three chimneys, and a small brick wall in the foreground on a bright, sunny day.

The Rose and Crown, Church End, Gamlingay

20 Church End, (The Rose, The Rose and Crown), Kitchens Farmhouse, Gamlingay

History of Kitchens Farmhouse

Listed Building

Farmhouse. Mid C17, extended C18 at rear. … The house was probably built 1664 by Christopher Charnock. It was the Rose Inn (later known as the Rose and Crown). An inventory of Richard Collins d.1692 identifies the hall, parlour and kitchen with chambers over the brewhouse and lists the contents. (Historic England)

Two-story white brick building with a dark tiled roof, a pale green central front door, and symmetrical sash windows.

Rose and Crown, Church End, Gamlingay (RGL2025)

Tags

  • Listed building
  • Public House

Projects

  • Gamlingay

Share this article

Share onFacebook Share onBluesky

Contribute

Do you have any information about the people or places in this article? If so, then please let us know using the Contact page or by emailing capturingcambridge@museumofcambridge.org.uk.

Licence

This work is licensed under CC BY-NC-SA 4.0 not including content on external links as indicated byexternal link.

Gamlingay

72 – 76 High Street, Huntingdon

The Lodge, 74 High Street, West Wratting

48 High Street, Hemingford Grey

17 & 19 Church Street, Gamlingay

1 Church End, Gamlingay

Chapel and Almshouses, East End Church Street, Gamlingay

Almhouses / Almshouses, 42 – 60 Church Street, Gamlingay

St Mary the Virgin, Church Street, Gamlingay

Jasmine Cottage, 5 & 7 Church End, Gamlingay

38 Mill Street, Gamlingay

53 Church Street, Gamlingay

61 Mill Street / 6 Honey Hill, Gamlingay

3 Stocks Lane, Gamlingay