Skip to content
  • home
  • map
  • search
Capturing Cambridge
  • search
  • Facebook
  • X
  • Instagram
  • Home
  • /
  • Projects
  • /
  • South Cambridge­shire
  • /
  • Guilden Morden
  • Back Forward

Hook’s Mill, Potton Road, Guilden Morden

History of Hook's Mill

Listed Building

Mill house. Early C18 with C19 and later alterations.

Water mill. Late C18 with later alterations and C19 engine house. … The mill was called Hokes Melne in 1381, it was last used in c.1935.

Tower mill. Mid C19. Tarred brick. Four tapering towers. … The mill is said to have been built in 1865 by Cross and Carne of Bedfordshire.

Pump. Late C19. Cast iron, with spout and lever, situated over a well. (Historic England)

Tags

  • Listed building
  • mill
  • watermill
  • windmill

Projects

  • Guilden Morden

Share this article

Share onFacebook Share onBluesky

Contribute

Do you have any information about the people or places in this article? If so, then please let us know using the Contact page or by emailing capturingcambridge@museumofcambridge.org.uk.

Licence

This work is licensed under CC BY-NC-SA 4.0 not including content on external links as indicated byexternal link.

Guilden Morden

Devil’s Dyke, Reach

54 Quayside, Ely

55 High Street, Needingworth

Fox Cottage, 47 Fox Hill Road, Guilden Morden

The Bells, 1 Fox Hill Road, Guilden Morden

87 High Street, The Manse, Guilden Morden

Swan House, Guilden Morden

The Cottage, 53 High Street, Guilden Morden

Duck Lane farm, Dubs Knoll Road, Guilden Morden

Priory House, Guilden Morden

Odsey Park, Icknield Way, Guilden Morden

Slapestones, 64 High Street, Guilden Morden

Lantern Cottage, 57 High Street, Guilden Morden