Skip to content
  • home
  • map
  • search
Capturing Cambridge
  • search
  • Facebook
  • X
  • Instagram
  • Home
  • /
  • Projects
  • /
  • South Cambridge­shire
  • /
  • Hildersham
  • Back Forward

Hildersham Hall

History of Hildersham Hall

Listed Building

Country house. c.1807 by E Lapidge (1793-1860) for T Fasset, including C17 and C18 ranges of a former farmhouse in the rear wing. Timber-framed, stuccoed brick and C19 red brick. Low pitched hipped slated roofs. … The house was possibly built on the site of Nether Hall manor house, one of two manors in Hildersham.

W M Palmer notes (1924) that the Hall had many owners. Dr Conyers Middleton, one of the opponents of Bentley in the Trinity College squabbles, owned it and died here in 1750. For many years the village was divided between two owners, one based at the Manor, the other at Rookery House.

Tags

  • Listed building

Projects

  • Hildersham

Share this article

Share onFacebook Share onBluesky

Contribute

Do you have any information about the people or places in this article? If so, then please let us know using the Contact page or by emailing capturingcambridge@museumofcambridge.org.uk.

Licence

This work is licensed under CC BY-NC-SA 4.0 not including content on external links as indicated byexternal link.

Hildersham

166 & 168 St Neots Road, Eaton Socon

7 East Street, Kimbolton

36 High Street, Chippenham

Hildersham Data

Hildersham Village Hall

Burford House, Hildersham

Holy Trinity, Hildersham

Mabbutts, High Buildings, Hugh Street, Hildersham

Rookery House, Hildersham

Forge Green Cottage, Hildersham

Bridge House, High Street, Hildersham

Fred’s Cottage, Hildersham

Rosedene House, High Street, Hildersham