Skip to content
  • home
  • map
  • search
Capturing Cambridge
  • search
  • Facebook
  • X
  • Instagram
  • Home
  • /
  • Projects
  • /
  • South Cambridge­shire
  • /
  • Histon
  • Back Forward

The Windmill, HIston

History of The Windmill

1801 John Raper owned land on the eastern side of Windmill Lane

Later a row of cottages along the lane. The end cottage near the corner of narrow Lane was believed to be the public house called the Windmill. Histon Rate Books 1837 – 1851 show George Diver as the occupier of a public house. In 1851 George Diver became publican at the Rose and Crown.

(Information from History and Inns and Public Houses, 1990)

Tags

  • Public House

Projects

  • Histon

Share this article

Share onFacebook Share onBluesky

Contribute

Do you have any information about the people or places in this article? If so, then please let us know using the Contact page or by emailing capturingcambridge@museumofcambridge.org.uk.

Licence

This work is licensed under CC BY-NC-SA 4.0 not including content on external links as indicated byexternal link.

Histon

Blue Cow, Chequer Street, Fenstanton

Fitzroy Arms, Fitzroy Brewery, Fitzroy Street

The Bell Inn, 19 High Street, Ely

documents

Histon Station, Station Road

The Holler Tree, Histon

9 Church Street Histon

The Post House Hotel, Cambridge

Korten, Baptist Chapel, Old Institute, Histon

22 The Green, Histon

20 Glebe Way (Mill Lane), Histon

The Green, Histon

20 The Green, Brook Restaurant, The Green Hill (The Rose and Crown), Histon

Windmill Lane, Histon