Skip to content
  • home
  • map
  • search
Capturing Cambridge
  • search
  • Facebook
  • X
  • Instagram
  • Home
  • /
  • Projects
  • /
  • South Cambridge­shire
  • /
  • Ickleton
  • Back Forward

Frogge Street, Ickleton

History of Frogge Street cottages

This is the approximate location of the cottage in Frogge Street  where William John Plumb and his wife Rose née Hagger moved in 1930:

They set up home in Frogge Street, Ickleton, n this small cottage on the left hand side going in ((about the fifth cottage on the left) opposite the Beehive Public House and Off Licence, which was run by Mr and Mrs Art Rule.

(from Little Un’s Story by Derek Plumb, pub 2002)

In 1936 the family moved to one of the ‘1936 Cottages’  just along from the Red Lion (Ickleton Lion) Public House. The family stayed there until 1953 when they moved to the bungalow ‘Luckfield” at Stump Cross, Great Chesterford.

Projects

  • Ickleton

Share this article

Share onFacebook Share onBluesky

Contribute

Do you have any information about the people or places in this article? If so, then please let us know using the Contact page or by emailing capturingcambridge@museumofcambridge.org.uk.

Licence

This work is licensed under CC BY-NC-SA 4.0 not including content on external links as indicated byexternal link.

Ickleton

9 Abbey Street, The Lion at Ickleton, Red Lion Public House, The Ickleton Lion

61 & 63 Abbey Street, Ickleton

27 / 29 Abbey Street, Ickleton

33 Abbey Street, Howeys, Ickleton

Ickleton Data

23 Brookhampton Street, Brookhampton Hall

The Beehive, Ickleton

1 Coploe Road, Ickleton

42 Abbey Street, Lena, Ickleton

Mill Duxford Road Ickleton