Skip to content
  • home
  • map
  • search
Capturing Cambridge
  • search
  • Facebook
  • X
  • Instagram
  • Home
  • /
  • Projects
  • /
  • South Cambridge­shire
  • /
  • Ickleton
  • Back Forward
A two-story building with flint walls, yellow brick quoins, a tiled roof with skylights, and windows with diamond patterns.

The Old Mill, Abbey Street, Ickleton (©RGL2023)

The Old Mill, Abbey Street, Ickleton

History of the Old Mill

1861 Abbey Street

William Farrington describes Richard Hill as farmer and miller in his diary of 1859.

Richard, 42, farmer of 60 acres employing 2 men 1 boy, b Gransden Lodge

Betsey, 43, b Haslingfield

Mary, 19, b Ickleton

Emily, 18, b Ickleton

Martha Ann, 15, b Ickleton

John, 17, flour miller, b Ickleton

Henry Swan, 11, b Ickleton

Ellen, 9, b Ickleton

Elizabeth, 7, b Ickleton

Emma, 1, b Ickleton

Tags

  • Farrington Diary

Projects

  • Ickleton

Share this article

Share onFacebook Share onBluesky

Contribute

Do you have any information about the people or places in this article? If so, then please let us know using the Contact page or by emailing capturingcambridge@museumofcambridge.org.uk.

Licence

This work is licensed under CC BY-NC-SA 4.0 not including content on external links as indicated byexternal link.

Ickleton

St John’s Street, Duxford

Guildhall Street (Butcher’s Row)(South & East Side)

Fulbourn Pauper Lunatic Asylum

37 Church Street, The Chequers, The Duke of Wellington, Wellington House, Ickleton

27 / 29 Abbey Street, Ickleton

37 Frogge Street, Frogge Hall, Ickleton

1 Frogge Street, Frogge End, Ickleton

42 Abbey Street, Lena, Ickleton

23 Brookhampton Street, Brookhampton Hall

The Beehive, Ickleton

10 Butcher’s Hill, Ickleton

61 & 63 Abbey Street, Ickleton

Mill Duxford Road Ickleton