Skip to content
  • home
  • map
  • search
Capturing Cambridge
  • search
  • Facebook
  • X
  • Instagram
  • Home
  • /
  • Projects
  • /
  • South Cambridge­shire
  • /
  • Linton
  • Back Forward

Burymead and Dovehouse Hill

History of Burymead and Doverhouse Hill

W M Palmer (1913) writes:

Burymead and Dovehouse Hill

This consists of the first two meadows traversed by the footpath from the grip to the mill. Standing by the two trees on the hillock Long Lane, the boundary of the old enclosure called Norton’s Close can be plainly seen, and below it the mound on which stood the manorial dovehouse….

Projects

  • Linton

Share this article

Share onFacebook Share onBluesky

Contribute

Do you have any information about the people or places in this article? If so, then please let us know using the Contact page or by emailing capturingcambridge@museumofcambridge.org.uk.

Licence

This work is licensed under CC BY-NC-SA 4.0 not including content on external links as indicated byexternal link.

Linton

28 The Grip, Thorpes, Linton

16 High Street, Queen’s House, Linton

St Mary, Linton

116 & 118 High Street, Linton

Linton Roman Villa

95 High Street, The Bell Inn, Linton

37 & 39 High Street, Linton

91 & 93 High Street, Chandlers Chaundlers, Linton

8 Green Lane, The Old Green, Linton

8 Horn Lane, Linton