Skip to content
  • home
  • map
  • search
Capturing Cambridge
  • search
  • Facebook
  • X
  • Instagram
  • Home
  • /
  • Projects
  • /
  • South Cambridge­shire
  • /
  • Little Shelford
  • Back Forward

93 & 95 High Street, (King William IV), Little Shelford

History of 93 - 95 High Street

Listed building:

2 Cottages. Probably late C17 with C19 additions. Older range timber-framed and plastered with steeply pitched tiled roof; gable facing.

These properties are in the same the location as the William IV pub shown on the 1901 OS map. Fanny Wale desribes the location in Shelford Parva and says that the King William Public House was hired by Hudson, the brewer, until 1910. The owner, Misses wale, paid a compensation to the brewer and turned the property into a comfortable private house and let it to John Jennings.

Tags

  • Listed building
  • Public House

Projects

  • Little Shelford

Share this article

Share onFacebook Share onBluesky

Contribute

Do you have any information about the people or places in this article? If so, then please let us know using the Contact page or by emailing capturingcambridge@museumofcambridge.org.uk.

Licence

This work is licensed under CC BY-NC-SA 4.0 not including content on external links as indicated byexternal link.

Little Shelford

Anglesey Abbey (Priory), Lode

1 & 3 King Street, Rampton

66 & 68 Church Street, Willingham

Gate bungalow, 65 Hauxton Road, Little Shelford

57 High Street, Little Shelford

Saintfoins / Sainfoins, Whittlesford Road, Little Shelford

9 Hauxton Road, Little Shelford

Little Shelford recreation ground and allotments, Garden Fields

documents

Shelfords data

Ivy Cottage, 16 Whittlesford Road, Little Shelford

The Old House, 1 Whittlesford Road, Little Shelford

Benoni, Ingleside, 4 Church Street, Little Shelford

Site of Rose Cottage, Church Street, Little Shelford