Skip to content
  • home
  • map
  • search
Capturing Cambridge
  • search
  • Facebook
  • X
  • Instagram
  • Home
  • /
  • Projects
  • /
  • South Cambridge­shire
  • /
  • Over
  • Back Forward
Stone doorway with an arched dark wooden door, a central porthole window, and an inscription dated MDCCCXLIX above the arch.

Town Hall, Over (RGL2025)

Town Hall, High Street, Over

History of Town Hall, Over

1849 inscription. May have been built on site of older Court House or Guild Hall. Previous Guild Hall was so neglected it fell down and killed “a woman named Mistress Day.” Note three corner pinnacles.

Projects

  • Over

Share this article

Share onFacebook Share onBluesky

Contribute

Do you have any information about the people or places in this article? If so, then please let us know using the Contact page or by emailing capturingcambridge@museumofcambridge.org.uk.

Licence

This work is licensed under CC BY-NC-SA 4.0 not including content on external links as indicated byexternal link.

Over

20 Station Road, Over

Baptist Church, New Road, Over

Le Bury Holme (Low BuryHolme), Over

The Vicarage, 4 Church End, Over

The Thatched House, 50 & 52 High Street, Over

Silk’s Shop, 31 West Street, Over

The Exhibition, 1 King Street (Duke of Cumberland Street), Over

Cymmer House, 28 High Street, Over

Five bowl barrows near Over

Church Farmhouse, 2 Horse Ware, Over