A human skeleton was discovered on 3rd August 1816, about
three feet below the surface on the top of Huckeridge Hill,
near Sawston, by workmen employed in lowering the road. Found
with the remains were two large ancient bronze vessels, sherds
of terra-cotta, an iron sword 2ft, 7 1/2 ins. long, part of the
umbo of an iron shield, and a bronze brooch or buckle. A few years before several lance heads and “celts” were
discovered at the same spot.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.