Skip to content
  • home
  • map
  • search
Capturing Cambridge
  • search
  • Facebook
  • X
  • Instagram
  • Home
  • /
  • Projects
  • /
  • South Cambridge­shire
  • /
  • Shingay
  • Back Forward
A two-story farmhouse with multiple chimneys, a dormer window, and a small glass-panelled porch behind a tall metal fence.

Shingay Gate Farmhouse, 1936 (photo J H Bullock) (Cambridgeshire Collection)

Shingay Gate farmhouse

History of Shingay Gate farmhouse

Rev H H McNeice guided a visit of the Cambridge Antiquarian Society in June 1925: The way to Shingay is over open fields … we pass Shingay Gate Farm, which occurs as early as 1260.

Tags

  • medieval

Projects

  • Shingay

Share this article

Share onFacebook Share onBluesky

Contribute

Do you have any information about the people or places in this article? If so, then please let us know using the Contact page or by emailing capturingcambridge@museumofcambridge.org.uk.

Licence

This work is licensed under CC BY-NC-SA 4.0 not including content on external links as indicated byexternal link.

Shingay

Moated site, Barsey Farm, Shudy Camps

55 & 57 Woodend, Bluntisham

St Margaret of Antioch, Chippenham

Shingay

South Farm, Shingay

Church End Cottage & The Porch House, Shingay

The Grove, Shingay

Vine Farmhouse Cottages, Shingay

Road Farm, Old North Road, Shingay

The School House, Shingay

Knights Hospitallers Preceptory, Shingay

Glebe House, Shingay