Skip to content
  • home
  • map
  • search
Capturing Cambridge
  • search
  • Facebook
  • X
  • Instagram
  • Home
  • /
  • Projects
  • /
  • South Cambridge­shire
  • /
  • Swavesey
  • Back Forward

3a & 5, Blackhorse Lane, Swavesey

history of 3a & 5 Blackhorse lane

Listed building:

Cottage and workshop, formerly a chapel, 1719 altered in 1788 and with rear wing added in 1879.

Chapel was The Old Quaker Meeting house and the centre for the Temperance Reformers. No 3a on left is now the cottage and No 5 on right is the workshop.

Tags

  • chapel
  • Listed building

Projects

  • Swavesey

Share this article

Share onFacebook Share onBluesky

Contribute

Do you have any information about the people or places in this article? If so, then please let us know using the Contact page or by emailing capturingcambridge@museumofcambridge.org.uk.

Licence

This work is licensed under CC BY-NC-SA 4.0 not including content on external links as indicated byexternal link.

Swavesey

Milestone, Trumpington Road

Little Linton Farmhouse, Cambridge Road

The Cottage, Fowlmere Road, Newton

Barn, Farm Farmhouse, Boxworth End, Swavesey

4 Station Road, Swavesey

Village College, Swavesey

Market Street & Green, Swavesey

Memorial Hall, Swavesey

Baptist Chapel, Middle Watch, Swavesey

Chapel, School Lane, Swavesey

5 Station Road, Church End, High Street, Swavesey

Swavesey Data

New School, Swavesey