Skip to content
  • home
  • map
  • search
Capturing Cambridge
  • search
  • Facebook
  • X
  • Instagram
  • Home
  • /
  • Projects
  • /
  • South Cambridge­shire
  • /
  • Thriplow
  • Back Forward

Thriplow Bury, Lodge Road

History of Thriplow Bury

Listed Building

Large house. c.1700 and 1713 (dated stone key to window) with C17 origins; early C19 alterations dated ‘AHP 1832’ on carved brick, and 1930 renovations and additions by H.C. Hughes. … Thriplow Bury is one of four manors in Thriplow held by the Bening family from 1681 to 1820 when it was inherited by Ambrose Hope Perkins in c.1820.

Dovecot to south of Thriplow Bury GV II Dovecot. Early C18, converted to store and workshop.

Garden wall to north-west of Thriplow Bury GV II Garden wall enclosing garden on four sides. C18. Red brick, random coursing.

Tags

  • Listed building

Projects

  • Thriplow

Share this article

Share onFacebook Share onBluesky

Contribute

Do you have any information about the people or places in this article? If so, then please let us know using the Contact page or by emailing capturingcambridge@museumofcambridge.org.uk.

Licence

This work is licensed under CC BY-NC-SA 4.0 not including content on external links as indicated byexternal link.

Thriplow

20 Station Road, Dullingham

78 High Street, Bottisham

War Memorial, Sawston

Cottages, The Baulk, Thriplow

Rectory Farm, Middle Street, Thriplow

St George, Thriplow

Old Hall, 11 The Green, Thriplow

Bacon’s Farm, 20, 22 & 24 Church Street, Thriplow

Middle Street, Thriplow

3 Lodge Road, Thriplow

6 & 8 Church Street, Thriplow

Oak Manor, 4 The Green, Thriplow

Honeysuckle Cottage, 45 Church Street, Thriplow