Skip to content
  • home
  • map
  • search
Capturing Cambridge
  • search
  • Facebook
  • X
  • Instagram
  • Home
  • /
  • Projects
  • /
  • South Cambridge­shire
  • /
  • Whaddon
  • Back Forward

The Grange, Dyer’s Green, 141 Bridge Street, Whaddon

History of the Grange

Listed Building

House, formerly a farmhouse. Late C14 with late C15 modifications, and late C16 and C18 additions. … It is possible that the building was owned by the Lilley family in the C15; the Lilley estate came into the possessions of Sir Thos Cartwright 1567-97, and Henry Halfheide in the early C17 keeper of the Kings Game.

Granary and cart shed. C18.

Tags

  • Listed building
  • medieval
  • tudor

Projects

  • Whaddon

Share this article

Share onFacebook Share onBluesky

Contribute

Do you have any information about the people or places in this article? If so, then please let us know using the Contact page or by emailing capturingcambridge@museumofcambridge.org.uk.

Licence

This work is licensed under CC BY-NC-SA 4.0 not including content on external links as indicated byexternal link.

Whaddon

The Leys School, Trumpington Street, Cambridge

St Mary’s church, Swaffham Prior

5 Market Hill

Jarmans, 68 & 70 Bridge Street, Whaddon

Chestnut Tree Farmhouse, 95 Meldreth Road, Whaddon

Green Farmhouse, 55 Meldreth Road, Whaddon

Christs College Farmhouse, Church Street, Whaddon

The Vicarage, Whaddon

Rectory Farmhouse, 2 Meldreth Road, Whaddon

North Road Farm, Whaddon

Folly Cottage, 92 Meldreth Road

Whaddon data

122 Avondale, 122 Bridge Street, Whaddon