The land in this area was first acquired in 1927 for the servicing of cars, commercial vehicles and tractors. By 1964 it was owned by Cambridgeshire Motors.
This is part of the former Gilbert Rice Service works. In 1976 Gilbert Rice proposed to demolish a terrace of houses that was owned by the company adjacent to their site. The Cambridge Evening News reported in February 1976 how local residents objected to the loss of housing.
Sources: Cambridge News (Cambridgeshire Collection)
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.