The 1886 Ordnance Survey map shows Jordan’s Farm on the site of Marshall Road.
In the Cambridge Weekly News December 1982 a letter from Clifford and Francis Goodchild referred to a ‘little private school’ in this road run by a Miss Walker which preceded the setting up of the Windermere School in Hartington Grove in 1914. The exact location of this school is unknown.
Known participation in World War One of residents of Marshall Road can be found here:
Sources: Cambridge News (Cambridgeshire Collection), UK census, British Newspaper Archive, Red Cross
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.