Skip to content
  • home
  • map
  • search
Capturing Cambridge
  • search
  • Facebook
  • X
  • Instagram
  • Home
  • /
  • Projects
  • /
  • Centre Cambridge
  • /
  • Corn Exchange Street
  • Back Forward
A metallic cap badge featuring a three-towered castle above a ribbon inscribed The Cambridgeshire Reg with a vertical pin.

By Dormskirk – Own work, CC BY-SA 3.0, https://commons.wikimedia.org

14 Corn Exchange Street, (Head Quarters 1st Battalion the Cambridgeshire Regiment)

History of the HQ Cambridgeshire Regiment Corn Exchange Street

1861 (14 Exchange Street)

Ellis Mills, 60, labourer, b Soham


This was the Cambridge Drill Hall for the regiment. The history of the regiment can be found here:

http://www.cambridgeshireregiment1914-18.co.uk/the-pre-war-battalion.html

In WWI the Girls’ County School was used as a depot.

1913

Lieut.-Col L Tebbutt, officer commanding 1st Batt. Cambridgeshire Regiment

Captain M F Fox, Leinster Regiment, adjutant

Sergeant-Major G Adams

Tags

  • Cambridgeshire Regiment

Projects

  • Corn Exchange Street

Share this article

Share onFacebook Share onBluesky

Contribute

Do you have any information about the people or places in this article? If so, then please let us know using the Contact page or by emailing capturingcambridge@museumofcambridge.org.uk.

Licence

This work is licensed under CC BY-NC-SA 4.0 not including content on external links as indicated byexternal link.

Corn Exchange Street

28 Pretoria Road

40 Mowbray Road

95 Cam Causeway

18 – 19 Corn Exchange Street

11 & 12 Corn Exchange Street

1 Corn Exchange Street, The Red Cow

16 Corn Exchange Street

15 Corn Exchange Street

Between the Lines, Fisher Square

St. Edward’s Workhouse, Slaughterhouse Lane

Masonic Hall, (17) Corn Exchange Street

Corn Exchange Street – Mapping Relief

9 Corn Exchange Street