23 Green Street
History of 23 Green Street
Next to no. 23 adjoining and extending into Trinity Street, stood the old printing offices of the Cambridge Chronicle. When they removed to Market Hill in 1836, Metcalfe and Palmer took over the premises and in the 1868 the Cambridge Express came into being. When the old property was demolished in 1876, five feet was added to the narrow entrance into Trinity Street.
William Fynn, 25, bookbinder
William Fynn, bookbinder
William Fynn, 59, bookbinder and parish clerk, b Cambridge
No. 23 Green Street circa 1900 looking west
The photo above shows no. 23 centre. On the right are buildings on the corner with Trinity Street that were later rebuilt.
James Rossiter, picture frame maker
E W Matthews, hairdresser
Kenneth Twist, architect
The Mane Lounge