69 St Andrew’s Street, The Wheat Sheaf
History of 69 St Andrew's Street
In 1635 this is described: ‘This is enclosed with a wall west of studds and clay and in the occupation of the widdow Roper or her assigns conteyning 49 yards’. (John Jellett’s Terrier)
1881: Public House Wheat Sheaf
Henry Moden , 29, brewer and licensed victualler, b Huntingdon
Elizabeth, 30, b Fen Drayton
Ada Peacock, daughter in law, 11, b Longstanton
Clara, daughter in law, 9, b Longstanton
Bertha K, daughter in law, 7, b Longstanton
Ernest William, son in law, 6, b Cambridge
Maud E, daughter, 3, b Cambridge
Eveline E, 1,Mary A Westnutt, servant, 19, b Caldecot
Elizabeth Moden had previously been married to Thomas who in 1871 kept the King William public house on the Huntingdon Road in Willingham [not Cambridge]. Thomas died in 1874 and Elizabeth married Henry Moden.
The Wheatsheaf closed in 1883 and then reopened at 3 Market Hill.
In 1891 the family were living at 4 East Road.
See Mill Road Cemetery entry