Skip to content
  • home
  • map
  • search
Capturing Cambridge
  • search
  • Facebook
  • X
  • Instagram
  • Home
  • /
  • Projects
  • /
  • East Cambridge­shire
  • /
  • Ely
  • Back Forward
Black and white view of a street junction in Ely, featuring a large multi-story building and a garage with signage on the wall.

Lamb Hotel at junction of St Mary’s Street and Lynn Road c.1910

Lamb Hotel, 2 Lynn Road, Ely

History of The Lamb

A three-storey, brick Lamb Hotel building on a street corner, with a horse-drawn carriage and figures standing near the entrance.

Lamb Hotel, 1908. An earlier name was ‘The Holy Lamb”.

In the 16th cent. it was known as ‘The Lamb.’

Tags

  • tudor

Projects

  • Ely

Share this article

Share onFacebook Share onBluesky

Contribute

Do you have any information about the people or places in this article? If so, then please let us know using the Contact page or by emailing capturingcambridge@museumofcambridge.org.uk.

Licence

This work is licensed under CC BY-NC-SA 4.0 not including content on external links as indicated byexternal link.

Ely

35 High Street, The Plague House, Landbeach

Whittlesford Grove, 27 North Road, Whittlesford

16 & 18 Church End, Gamlingay

5 Ship Lane, Ely

Quay Brewery, Ely

116 Broad Street, Ely

The Great Hall (Bishop’s residence), Ely

Paradise Farm, Ely

68 Quayside, Malting Cottage, Ely

48 St Mary’s Street, Ely

Palace Green Cottage, 27 St Mary’s Street, Ely

29 – 33 West Fen Road, Ely

Guest Quarters of the Monastery, Ely