Skip to content
  • home
  • map
  • search
Capturing Cambridge
  • search
  • Facebook
  • X
  • Instagram
  • Home
  • /
  • Projects
  • /
  • East Cambridge­shire
  • /
  • Ely
  • Back Forward
A black and white postcard view showing a row of houses and a tall chimney along a quay by a river in early twentieth-century Ely.

Waterside, Ely, c.1910, Queen’s Head on left.

The Queen’s Head, Waterside, Ely

History of the Queen's Head

On the left is the Queen’s Head. Quay House has a brewery chimney and on the right are Hall’s Brewery maltings.

Tags

  • Public House

Projects

  • Ely

Share this article

Share onFacebook Share onBluesky

Contribute

Do you have any information about the people or places in this article? If so, then please let us know using the Contact page or by emailing capturingcambridge@museumofcambridge.org.uk.

Licence

This work is licensed under CC BY-NC-SA 4.0 not including content on external links as indicated byexternal link.

Ely

Three Pickerels (Three Fishes), Mepal

King William, Terrington St Clement

Three Horseshoes, Comberton

Sessions House, Ely

Royal Standard, Fore Hill, Ely

Turbutsey Farm, Ely

4 West End, Ely

7, St Mary’s Street, Ely

River Ouse at Ely

74a Broad Street, Ely

5 Silver Street, Ely

3 Castlehythe, Ely

Palace Green, Ely